Saturday, April 16, 2011

My Experiences in India

This post is by Adam.

First of all I am writing this on a train from Delhi, India to Goa, India. It supposedly was from 3:00 pm to 5:45 am so we woke up early to get off. When we were up, we waited and waited for our stop. By eight o’clock it still hadn’t come. By that time my dad was on the computer looking up when our train arrived at our station. It said 5:45 am…but the next day. Our train was twenty-four hors longer than we thought!
That was just an update on what I’m doing now, but there were so many amazing experiences that I had in India. This is my one favorite from each city, a tiny portion of all of them.

The Jiapur elephant festival and Holi. At the elephant festival they painted elephants and had a contest for the best painting. Later they did a dance and threw flower petals everywhere. On Holi, the festival of color, (it was the day after the elephant festival) everybody walks around and smears color on your face. I got so colorful! Hopefully you will hear more about this from Kira.



Ramana’s Garden children’s home and school in Rishikesh. When I went there I met a boy my age named Oinak. Together, we played Frisbee, swam in the holy Ganga river (Ganges in English), and just talked. He was the first boy my age I had met on the whole trip so it was really fun.
The bicycle rickshaw tour in Delhi. We were peddled though the extremely crowded streets, barely missing motorbikes, cars, horse pulled carts, and wandering cows (they’re holy and nobody owns them so they just walk around eating the garbage that is everywhere). My favorite destination was the wholesale spice market. There, you can buy one hundred to five hundred kilogram sacks of turmeric, coriander, and all the other spices used in Indian cooking. As you can imagine, the smells were overpowering. Sometimes we passed a stall with only hot chili peppers! I thought it was amazing




In Agra, definitely the Taj Mahal. It is GIANT! The inlaid stones are so amazing. I also loved how it is made entirely of white marble. Words can hardly describe it but a few pictures might.











I really loved those experiences in India and I can’t wait for more in Goa.

No comments:

Post a Comment