Friday, January 14, 2011

Getting Started


This post is from Adam Lipson, age 12, sixth grade, White Hill Middle School.

It's only been a few days and the trip is already amazing. We arrived at the Krabi airport after thirty-seven hours of traveling, including thirteen hours between flights. It was a giant relief when we got to our hotel. After a lunch of a few snacks my dad took me and my sister to an open air market down the street. On the way, we passed a snake and monkey show. We went to get a closer look and there was a seven month old monkey being trained! We walked up to it and started talking to the trainer. We even got to hold and pet it! It crawled up my dad's leg right away. I tried to hold it, but it bit me so I had to settle for a few pets. When we were done with the monkey, we walked to the market. There were so many things there including tons of different meats, pineapple on it's stem, fresh seafood, shirts, little pets, coconut cakes (my favorite), and even dragon fruit. It was really fun to explore. After we got back, my whole family went swimming in the pool to cool off. The next day everybody hung out in the pool, and then went to the beach to swim and get dinner. The pad thai was amazing! My mom, sister, and I took a taxi home while my dad stayed out to book a snorkeling trip. Right now, it is the morning before we go and I'm really excited. I have a very good feeling about our trip.

PS you can email me at alipson98@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Adam, keep these posts coming, we love to read what you guys are doing. I was bitten by a monkey too, I must have been your age or a little younger. It was in Italy though.

    Say hi to every one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam,

    Thanks for posting your impressions on this blog. We will be following it closely. I am excited for the opportunity to see the world through your eyes. Please send our love to Mom and Dad and your sister. ALAN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Adam!
    I love your post, hearing from you what you are up to there in Thailand! I've invited Nicky to follow your blog, as well. We'll look forward to many more communications from you and the rest of the family!
    Love, Andie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Adam,

    GREAT first report! Love the way you write and looking forward to more. Lesson One on MAJK Journey -- stay away from baby monkeys while they're training.

    Love to mom, dad & lil' sis...

    Elliot

    ReplyDelete